I wanted to make something that was easy to make, fun to make and really delicious... and also something that Mark would like - or at least I hope he will like it.
Last week I took stroopwafels and dipped them in dark chocolate and white chocolate and sprinkled them with sprinkles. I wanted to try sugar waffles this time because Mark likes sugar waffles and he doesn't really like stroopwafels. He also likes white chocolate the best.
It's also something the kids can help out with - would make a nice FHE treat :)
I got to use my Speculoos hagel, too!
To make 'em. Gather your supplies:
- sugar waffles aka suikerwafels aka Luiksewafels aka waffles from Liège, Luik or Lüttich (it's a town in Belgium)
- your favorite brand white chocolate (about 200g for 8 waffles)
- candy sprinkles, hagel, funfetti, chocolate pieces, chopped nuts, you name it.
- a bowl to melt the chocolate in
- a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl - 30 second intervals - up to 2 minutes, stirring between each interval. Let sit a few minutes before beginning.
- Dip waffles in chocolate then let extra chocolate drizzle back into bowl. Place waffle dipped side up on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with whatever you like.
- Let cool for a very long time - feels like a long time because you can't hardly wait to eat them... but you can do it!
- Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk - or hot chocolate (depending on the weather and your mood, I suppose).
This post is linked to: